Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions' Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Credit Products Real Estate Team Leader leads a team of highly skilled individuals who is responsible for partnering with the coverage team and risk management to lead the credit process for the Area or Group supported. As a member of the first line of defense, this individual will lead the credit process, ensuring prudent loan underwriting/loan production, timely and accurate risk rating, and timely and accurate monitoring of credit risk in the loan portfolio. This individual will work closely with the Credit Products Group Manager, Credit Products Managers, Credit Products Associates and Credit Risk Officers to ensure proper process and procedures are being executed accurately and efficiently. In addition, this person will work closely with the Business Unit Head, Market Manager(s) and all other members of the Coverage Team on new and ongoing client activities. This individual will stay abreast of client needs by directly managing a small portfolio of clients.
- Reviews new loans and renewals to ensure underwritten with within acceptable risk tolerance for bank with structuring to meet needs of the client.
- Supports, communicates and leads new risk management initiatives in partnership with Compliance
- Coaches team around client selectivity underwriting, structuring, servicing, risk rating
- Implements proper oversight and partnership with fulfillment to ensure loans are properly coded, booked and documented in accordance with approval
- Hires, manages and coaches Credit Products team members
- Responsible for timely completion of talent management, compensation, and other HR related responsibilities
- Continuously looking to recruit and build bench strength for the team and across platform
- Creates strong working relationship with stakeholders and business partners
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of risk rating and develops a dynamic risk rating culture
- Ensures credit monitoring and servicing are timely and accurate
- Proactively elevates emerging risks and early warning indicators [at both the transaction or portfolio level] to the Segment Manager.
- Partners with Credit Risk Officers to serve as Point of contact with Credit Review, PAM, internal and external audit in partnership with other Credit Products, Fulfillment, and coverage teams.
- Collaborates with other leadership and partners to ensure continuous training to maximize efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of completing roles and responsibilities
- Works on and leads work streams for tactical or strategic initiatives to enhance the business
- Participates or delegates participants as subject matter experts
- May act as a player coach depending on the business segment, the size of market coverage, and experience level. If functioning as a player coach, would manage a smaller book than a Credit Products Specialist.
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Real Estate, Accounting, or Finance
- Ten (10) years of real estate underwriting, financial analysis, and portfolio management, risk management or relationship management experience
- Two (2) years coaching, leadership, and/or management experience
- Strong knowledge of the real estate industry, real estate market performance, and real estate loan structures.
- Legal documentation experience
- Completion of a corporate credit training program (or equivalent corporate banking/finance or real estate experience)
- Five (5) or more years of management experience (or appropriate and equivalent work experience)
Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coach others
- Well organized with attention to detail, able to manage multiple projects under pressure
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven leader with ability to make sound judgment and positively motivate others to achieve common goals
- Ability to constructively negotiate with internal and external partners
This role will cover the Atlanta, Birmingham and Chicago Markets
Position TypeFull time
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that "one size does not fit all" for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions' benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Location DetailsRegions Plaza Atlanta
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans