ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Spearheaded by Artistic Directors Samantha Bennett and George Nickson, ensembleNEWSRQ (enSRQ) is a New Music collective based in Sarasota, Florida, dedicated to performing and advocating for the music of contemporary composers. The season in Sarasota features innovative concert programs that are curated to demonstrate how contemporary music is a reflection of our world and cultural experience. Since its inception in 2015, enSRQ has presented more than 170 works by a wide ranging and ever-increasing demographic of outstanding composers. The performance history-to-date includes ten commissions, eight World Premieres, thirteen North American premieres, and more than ninety Florida premieres. Additionally, enSRQ frequently presents cross-disciplinary collaborations, supplementary programming, and community engagement projects. The ensemble currently consists of the enSRQ’s Artistic Directors, five resident member musicians, and a wide array of guest artists.
ABOUT THE POSITION
ensembleNEWSRQ is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and out-going arts-management professional to fill the organization’s newly created position of General Manager. Working with and reporting to enSRQ’s Artistic Directors, the General Manager will be responsible for the on-going operations of the organization, and will work closely with the Board of Directors to shape enSRQ’s future through dynamic leadership and strategic planning. As enSRQ’s first General Manager, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to establish a new management structure and to assert managerial leadership in developing and implementing effective and efficient campaigns in marketing, fundraising, and institutional development. This a part-time salaried position (averaging 15+ hours of work) that accommodates flexibility in scheduling, but does require physical presence at all enSRQ performances, events, and meetings.
- Maintain administrative oversight of the organization’s finances, operational systems, performance logistics, contractual relations, and day-to-day communications.
- Work with Artistic Directors and Board leadership to develop and spearhead annual underwriting appeal.
- Direct and supervise grant writing in the drafting and submission of applications, and directly manage organizational compliance and compilation of final reports.
- Direct and supervise independent contractors in the conception, development, and implementation of marketing campaigns for membership, ticket sales, fundraising, and special events.
- Coordinate volunteers for front-of-house services including but not limited to ticketing, customer service, and post-performance receptions) at enSRQ performances and events.
- Work with Artistic Directors to maintain communications with Board of Directors, including agendas and reports for quarterly meetings, and the activities of sub-committees.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Two years of experience in arts administration, event planning, or project management
- Experience in budget development and a proficiency with financial software
- Working knowledge and experience in Development, Fundraising, and Marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or volunteer coordination is preferred
- Knowledge of and involvement with the regional community is preferred
- An active interest in contemporary art music and a willingness to commit to the growth of the organization
COMPENSATION & OTHER DETAILS
- Variable schedule, 8-24 hours per week, to include regularly scheduled meetings with Artistic Directors, and working presence during the days and nights of performances and events
- Total annual wages: $30,000, paid monthly. Performance based increase possible in future years
- Start date: July 10, 2023 - or to be mutually determined in conversation with enSRQ leadership and successful candidate
- Please email a current résumé accompanied by a cover letter expressing your interest in the position to george@ensemblenewSRQ.org
- Applications will be accepted through June 2, 2023
EnsembleNEWSRQ is a registered 501(c)(3) organization. For more information, visit the
website at https://enSRQ.org. enSRQ encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.